Southeast Community College has been operating in its current structure since July 1, 1973, when a statewide community college system was implemented by the Legislature.
However, the campus in 米尔福德港 existed long before then. The first postsecondary technical institution, exclusively offering two-year postsecondary degrees in vocational/technical programs, was established by the Nebraska Unicameral in 1941 at 米尔福德港. Operated by the Nebraska Department of 教育, the school was originally established to meet the occupational education needs of the entire state.
In 1971, the Legislature passed a bill which combined junior colleges (Fairbury, 成立于1941年, 在SCC范围内), 国家职业技术学院, and the area technical schools into one system of two-year institutions. The consolidation originally established eight technical community college areas. The number was reduced to six when 林肯 merged with Southeast in 1973.
目前林肯校区位于O街8800号. 始于1979年. Prior to that, the College operated in a number of properties throughout 林肯.
In 1975, SCC took over the 比阿特丽斯 campus of John J. Pershing College, which opened in 1966 and closed in 1971. In 1980, the agriculture program was relocated from the 米尔福德学校 to 比阿特丽斯. In 1986, Fairbury Junior College was closed and operations moved to 比阿特丽斯. Since 1986, SCC has added a number of facilities and land to its 乐天堂app. The 林肯大学 also has continued to grow, as has 米尔福德港. Today, nearly 10,000 students enroll in credit classes at SCC.
1941 - Nebraska State Trade School is established in 米尔福德港; Fairbury Junior College is established in Fairbury.
1959 - The 米尔福德港 college's name is changed to Nebraska Vocational Technical School.
1971 - The 米尔福德港 college's name is changed to Nebraska Technical College.
1973 - The college's name is changed to Southeast Technical Community College Area; Dr. Robert Eicher is hired as president of the newly-formed college.
1975年的今天，SCC接收了前John J. Pershing College campus and begins remodeling.
1979 - First building on the 林肯大学 at O街8800号. 构造.
1986 - SCC merges the Fairbury and 比阿特丽斯 campuses. 费尔伯里校区已经关闭.
1994 - Dr. Jack Huck is named interim chancellor; selected for the permanent leadership position in 1995; title was changed to president in 1997.
1995 - SCC purchases the ground floor at 1111 O St. in downtown 林肯 known as Energy Square.
2004 - SCC purchases 继续教育 Center at 301 S. 68th St. 地方,林肯.
2006 - SCC purchases 创业中心 at 285 S. 68th St. 地方,林肯.
2011 - SCC purchases second floor of Energy Square building (now 教育 Square) at 1111 O St.,林肯.
2014 - 理事会 names the continuing education center building the 杰克J. 哈克继续教育中心 in honor of 杰克J. 哈克，SCC的第三任主席.
2014 -杰克J. 哈克当了20年总统后退休.
2014 - Dr. Paul Illich is hired as SCC's fourth president.
2015 - The College completes its 2015-2019 战略计划.
2016 - The Clark Enersen Partners of 林肯 produces a 10-year 设施总体规划.
2016 - The first of six 学习中心 opens. The Learning Center at 纽约 officially opens on May 17. Ribbon-cutting ceremonies are held for 学习中心 in Plattsmouth and 内布拉斯加州的城市 in October.
2017 - The 理事会 votes to change the College's academic calendar from quarters to semesters. 这一变化将于2019年8月生效.
2017 - A ribbon-cutting ceremony is held July 18 officially opening the Learning Center at 希伯仑.